Latest Cricket News Update

Herschelle Gibbs in the Sunday Times: Full Coverage including an Excerpt from his book To the Point

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Share this on :
South African cricketer Herschelle Gibbs’ new autobiography, To the Point, made the biggest splash of all at the weekend, dominating the Sunday Times’ headlines.

Excerpts from To the Point:
" I could couch this chapter in a whole bunch of safe-sounding euphemisms, but given the book’s title, I’ll get straight to the point, shall I? Two words: “women” and “booze”.
Whatever else has happened in my life, I can say one thing for sure: I have had a huge amount of fun in my cricket career. Three things have undoubtedly contributed to this: 1) I’m a friendly and outgoing guy who’s comfortable in anyone’s company; 2) I have the gift of the gab, which I get from my dad, and clearly women love it. My open demeanour often comes across as flirting, but that’s just the way I am. I guess you could say I am charming and, as I said, chicks dig it; 3) And this is the double-edged sword – I like to drink, and alcohol has only exacerbated points 1 and 2. It has lubricated some of the best evenings of my life, but it also nearly ended my international career in 2008."

Read the complete article


Next, a few notes on “sex, drugs and match fixing”:
"Herschelle Gibbs has exposed the dark side of South African cricket, including sexual orgies, marijuana smoking and how the Proteas are controlled by a “clique”, in an autobiography that is set to rock the cricket world.
The book, To The Point, includes descriptions of sexual encounters in which Gibbs and other players took part, including one with a young girl attending a matric dance and a hotel-room orgy involving three girls.
Gibbs writes: “Two beds, two cricketers and three women. One of them wasn’t all that keen, though; she just lay on the bed. Which was fine – there was enough for everyone. The other two girls, however, more than made a go of it".





Read about how Hansie Cronje lured Gibbs into cheating:
" “Okay, cool.” A decision and two words Gibbs would come to “bitterly regret” as he agreed to his captain Hansie Cronjé’s proposal to score fewer than 20 runs in a game in exchange for $15000.
The late cricket captain had come to Gibbs’s hotel room early that morning in March 2000, prior to the one-day international against India at Nagpur, to discuss the proposal with him.
Read the complete articleFinally, Gibbs on his troublesome marriage to Tenielle:
What started out as a fun night at a cousin’s wedding ended with a “pissed” Herschelle Gibbs pulling out his wife Tenielle’s hair on their way home.
“We were physically fighting while I was driving. I was trying to prevent her from grabbing the steering wheel and hitting me … and in the process I managed to pull some of her hair out,” he writes in his autobiography, To the Point.
Read the complete article
Please leave your comment below. Thank you and hope you enjoyed...

7 comments:

blogworld4u said...

hi

how much money u earn in a month from this blog

please reply

foreverpriya51@gmail.com

kairy said...

Hqwiki.com

NetphoneTv.com

NewTvmovies.com

Watchlivechat.com
6666666

Unknown said...

this blog provides cricket betting news and tips cricket betting

Unknown said...

awesome blog betting tips free

Unknown said...

nice blog betting tip free

Unknown said...

Nice blog, in most of the nations gambling is illegal actually. You people can take help from the sports to entertain yourself and refresh your mood. For more updates you can simply checkout the latest cricket news or other online sites to know something about cricket and other sports in detail.

numberonebettingsite said...

Nice blog your autobiography inspired all cricket fans
thanks for sharing your experience.
watchcricketonline